Sunday 5 January 2014

Sunday Dinner: Week 1

If you've read my previous new years resolution post you'll know that one of my goals was to try cooking new things. Well today is week 1 and I thought I'd share these with you and you might even want to try some of the recipes yourself. So today we will be eating crispy potatoes for dinner.

Obviously I've had potatoes before so there's nothing new there, but I've never cooked them like this and they look seriously delicious!

I got this recipe after trawling through Pinterest, click here to see my other pinned recipes.  

What you need to do:
1) Slice the potatoes thinly almost all of the way through
2) Drizzle over butter, a little oil, sea salt and black pepper.
3) Bake in a pre-heated oven at 225oc/ Gas mark 7
 
 
If you want to make it healthier you don't have to add the butter, just rub or spray a little veg oil on the outside of the potatoes. The butter makes the potatoes creamier and the oil prevents the butter from burning but you don't have to add it, you could even try adding a little Cajun spice to the outside of the potatoes.  
 
I'm going to make a no pastry quiche (another way to save calories and make your meal a bit healthier) and salad to go with these. Let me know if you've had these before or are going to try them!

No comments:

Post a Comment