Sunday 19 January 2014

2014 Blogger Challenge: Winter Skincare

The next topic for the 2014 Blogger Challenge is winter skincare so today I'm sharing my skincare routine with you. I have a whole cupboard of lotions and potions but this year I'm not going to buy any more until I have used everything I already have, this is what I am currently using.

 
Left to right:
No7 Eye Makeup Remover, No7 Beautiful Skin Hot Cloth Cleanser, Cocobutter Vaseline, No7 Protect and Perfect Day Cream, No7 Protect and Perfect Night Cream, Burts Bees Hand and Nail cream, Sanctuary Body Moisture Spray, Soap and Glory Slender Body Contouring Gel.
 
1) I got a Boots No7 set for Xmas and I love it! I start off by removing my eye make up with the remover and a cotton pad, my daily make up usually consist of a black cat eye with lashings of black mascara so I find I need to take the excess off before I get to the cleanser.
 
2) I then use the No7 Hot Cloth Cleanser with a muslin cloth to take the rest of my makeup off and cleanse my face, I love this stuff and will defiantly buy this once I run out. I also use it when I wake up in the morning to wash my face with.
 
3) Vaseline is in everybody's cupboard because it's such a good staple, I have hundreds all over the house and in all my different bags, I use it before I go to bed mostly on my lips and on any sore areas on my face, lather it up and let it sink in while you sleep.
 
4) After I've cleansed my face I apply either the day cream before I apply my make up or the night cream before I go to bed. The day cream has SPF 15 in it, I ALWAYS make sure my face creams have SPF in because even in winter your skin can be damaged by UV rays.
 
5) I get really sore dry chapped hands in the winter especially so I have a constant supply of hand cream with me everywhere I go, this little tub is perfect for small bags and a little really does go far. Its a really yummy honey almond smell too.
 
6) I got this travel size Sanctuary Body Moisture Spray in another gift set for Xmas too, I've used it before and loved it to I was happy when I got this. I prefer to use oil sprays instead of cream moisturisers on my body after  a shower its just a personal preference on the texture.
 
7) Lastly (when I remember) I use the Soap and Glory Body Contouring Gel, It claims to minimise the appearance of cellulite and helps to tone the skin. Now there's only a very lucky few of us who don't have cellulite and I'm not one of them, I wouldn't say that this will get rid of cellulite or tone your skin but when it dries it does make your skin feel tighter and gives you that extra bit of confidence.
 
What's your winter skincare? If you've taken part in the challenge comment below so I can make sure I read your posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment